I’m finding it a challenge to convince my housemates to eat vegetables! They’re all grown men but they’re like kids when it comes to food. So I am trying out different recipes and maybe I’ll convert them to healthier eating… no matter how long that might take.
I have some sweet peas in the fridge so I went out to buy some shrimps, mushroom and bean sprouts to make this Asian dish. This recipe is good for 2 persons as main dish.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, separated
- 300g shrimp (12 pieces)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 150g sweet peas, trimmed
- 125g sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook shrimp for 1 minute. Transfer the shrimp to a plate (it will finish cooking later).
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in the pan over high heat. Cook onion for one minute. Add snow peas and mushroom and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While cooking the vegetables, mix the soy sauce, hoisin, rice wine and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add bean sprouts, cookedshrimp and sauce mixture to skillet. Keep stirring until the sauce is slightly thickened and the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy.
This is my #somethingnewfordes new for Nov 11.