I know I am scared of a lot of things. But writing them down turned out to be more difficult than expected. Haha. Here goes – in no particular order:
1. Horror movies. I’ve been scared of horror films since I was a kid. Blame it on “Shake, Rattle, and Roll” – especially the “Halimaw sa Banga” (Monster in a Jar) episode. I still get scared looking at huge jars.
2. Sleeping in the dark. I sometimes can sleep in the dark – when I am not alone. Haha. It is still my preference to sleep with the lights on.
3. Snakes. I can look at snakes in the zoo. But I still have this weird fear that a snake will be under my bed or in my closet.
4. Sharks. Blame “Jaws” although that’s a killer whale. Hahaha. I always worry that my plane might crash into water and sharks will eat me.
5. Vampires. I used to cover my neck whenever I am out at night. Haha. That’s how praning I am with vampires.
6. Worms. Or rather eating food with worms that might become a parasite and eat my brains. I blame my science reviews when I was in high school.
7. Alzheimer’s Disease. I once saw a TV episode in a local drama series about a lady on her early 30s having Alzheimer’s prematurely. It made me so worried – I made my own mnemonics (metastasis, osmosis, metamorphosis) and recite them whenever I bump my head.
8. Child birth / Pregnancy. Hmm… I guess I will always be afraid until I have my own baby. It seems so much responsibility to hold the life of a baby in your hands.
9. Losing the people I love. This is one of my greatest fears – that’s why I try to spend as much time as I can with important people in my life. Life is too short… too precious.
10. Not being saved when rapture comes. I know we are saved through Christ’s grace and I have accepted Jesus as my personal savior. But I still have so many personal struggles and this one is so important for me to address.
So this is my initial list. Took me like 3 hours to write this. Now the next step for me is to overcome some of the fears I have here. Wish me luck!